Fun fact about me is that I hate fruit. Gasp…I know, what the heck is wrong with me?! I’ve hated it ever since I was little. No matter how many times I force feed it to myself, it just doesn’t work out. So you’d be surprised to hear that I actually LOVE strawberry cupcakes. I think there is a loophole when it comes to fruit flavored desserts or something. Whatever the case may be, I cannot get enough of these delicious strawberry cupcakes. I’m actually borderline obsessed.
My sister and I would always made them out of the pillsbury box but I decided to make them from scratch with a simple whipped cream frosting to top them off. Let me tell ya, these strawberry cupcakes are phenomenal. They’re bursting with strawberry flavor and so are amazingly moist that it’s honestly hard to stop yourself from eating the whole batch. Luckily they’re a super light dessert so you don’t feel too bad doing so…
I wanted to share this recipe with you guys because it definitely beats the box and I’ll think you’ll enjoy it just as much as I did!
Strawberry Cupcakes Recipe:
- 1 2/3 cup cake flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup + 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/3 cup fresh strawberry puree
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 drops red food coloring (optional)
- Whole or sliced strawberries for topping
- Whipped cream frosting (1 cup heavy cream, 3 tablespoons powdered sugar, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Whisk cake flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a mixing bowl then set aside.
- In separate bowl whisk butter and granulated sugar until fluffy.
- Mix in egg then mix in egg whites one at a time.
- Whisk together the buttermilk, 1/3 cup strawberry puree, the vanilla extract, and food coloring (if desired).
- Alternate back and forth between adding the flour mixture and buttermilk mixture to the butter mixture.
- Divide batter into cupcake tin, filling each about 3/4 full.
- Bake 18 – 22 minutes.
- Let them cool for 10 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before frosting.
- Whisk all ingredients together until fluffy for frosting and use piping bag to frost.
- Garnish with your whole or sliced strawberries.
I hope you guys enjoy this recipe! What’s an interesting or fun fact about you?! I’d love to hear!