Spring has sprung, my friends, and I couldn’t be happier! This spring has been a little rough for me though so far. I gave up sweets for lent…I know I know what was I thinking. Obviously I wasn’t because I’m seriously dying. Sugar addiction is real people and I’m actually going through withdrawals. I’ll be honest though, I have cheated a couple times and today was one of those days. Although if it counts for anything I only had one bite…I swear!
Just because I’m not eating sweets doesn’t mean I’m going to stop baking! I couldn’t resist making these adorable and delicious spring M&M cookies. I mean, how cute are they?! I had to. I ended up making a ton of these cookies this morning and decided to give them out to my neighbors as a little spring surprise. This is why I had to sneak a bite though you guys, I had to make sure they were good enough to give away 😉 They were amazing and it took everything in my power not to eat ten of them.
These are the perfect M&M cookies. They are loaded with white chocolate chips and M&M’s. The recipe only calls for 1/2 a cup of M&M’s to be mixed in the dough, then top the cookie dough with additional M&M’s. This is the best way to see the colorful spring M&Ms on the surface. I’m sharing the recipe below with you guys because I know you’re going to love it!
Spring M&M Cookie Recipe:
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 sticks of butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup spring colored M&Ms, plus another 1/2 cup for topping
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, salt and baking soda.
- In a large bowl mix together sugar, brown sugar, butter, and vanilla until creamy.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add both eggs, one at a time.
- Add in flour mixture slowly.
- Fold in the white chocolate chips and spring colored M&M’s to mixture.
- Scoop cookie dough onto to baking sheet and top with additional M&M’s (4 or 5 to each cookie).
- Bake 8-9 minutes, just until edges are a light golden brown.
- Cookie should look slightly under done, they’ll continue baking when you take them out.
I hope you guys enjoy this spring M&M cookie recipe as much as I do! I need to sign off because I can’t stare at these pictures any longer. Have a great weekend!
SHOP THIS POST:
M&M’S Easter Milk Chocolate Candy // 3-Quart Batter Bowl, White // KitchenAid 5-Speed Hand Mixer, Ice // Nordic Ware Baker’s Half Sheet // Ball Pint Mason Jars, 16 oz, Set of 12 // Baker’s Secret Cooling Rack, Set of 2