I always love a good classic… these soft, chewy, peanut butter cookies are always-a-hit.
Over the years, I’ve made a variety of different types of peanut butter cookies, which I really love because you honestly can’t go wrong with anything peanut butter. But whenever the fall/ holiday season rolls around, I’m reminded just how amazing a classic peanut butter cookie still is on its own. I’m pretty certain most people will agree with me that this classic recipe is one to keep in your back pocket. So if you feel like baking up a batch of these simple peanut butter cookies this season, here’s the recipe I’ve used forever!
Simple Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs eggs
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- Cream butter, peanut butter, and sugars together in a bowl; beat in eggs.
- In a separate bowl, sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; stir into butter mixture. Put the dough in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls and put on baking sheets. Flatten each ball with a fork, making a crisscross pattern. Bake in a preheated 375 degrees F oven for about 10 minutes or until cookies begins to brown.
I hope you guys enjoy this cookie recipe and if you’re looking to add a little somethin to your classic peanut butter cookies try this recipe next!