When I was little my mom used to make us the boxed cornbread all the time. Don’t get me wrong that stuff was delicious, but there is nothing quite like homemade in my opinion. I started baking almost everything from scratch after college when I learned it actually wasn’t that hard to do. There may be a few more steps but the payout is absolutely worth it!
I made this delicious honey cornbread from scratch and just about died and went to heaven. Grab some ribs, baked beans, or chili to pair it with and you’re going to be one happy camper. This honey cornbread would also be a seriously great addition to a picnic. If you haven’t read my post with tips on how to host a backyard picnic you should check it out. Whether you go on a picnic or not, you have to try this cornbread recipe, I promise you’re gunna love it!
Honey Cornbread Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- In a large bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs. Add cream, oil and honey; beat well.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until just moistened.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes, cool, and enjoy!
Don’t forget to share 😉