Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffins
When it comes to breakfast these days it’s easy to forget it or eat something unhealthy, so I’ve been trying to come up with some ideas that are a little more wholesome. There is a new vlog up on how to make some yummy chocolate chip zucchini muffins! And let me tell you these chocolate chip zucchini muffins are my new favorite. You can whip them up quickly in just 35 minutes. They’re a great way to sneak in a little protein and vegetables. You can also add in your favorite nuts! I am loving this recipe because it is easy and yummy and delicious and a little on the healthier side (in my opinion).
Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffins Recipe
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 medium (9 oz) zucchini, grated
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line your muffin pan with parchment paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix together butter and brown sugar. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix to combine. Stir in the zucchini.
- Add the dry ingredients to the zucchini mixture and stir until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Using an ice cream scoop, divide the batter into the muffin tin, filling each almost completely. Bake for 20 to 22 minutes.
The muffins are best served warm on the same day they are made but will keep, wrapped in foil for 2 days. The muffins can be frozen in an airtight container or sealable plastic bag for up to 3 months. To reheat, let the muffin thaw for 3 hours on the counter, then wrap individual muffins in aluminum foil and place it in a preheated 350°F oven until warm.
I hope you guys like this Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffins recipe and enjoy my new video! Comment below what you want our next recipe to be. Have a great week 🙂