Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Blondies
Browned butter I think is my new favorite thing when it comes to baking. It’s simply butter that is melted down until it is golden brown, leaving it with a delicious nutty flavor. It is the perfect addition to these blondies and makes them completely irresistible. You can whip these up easily. They take about 25 minutes to bake. If you like your desserts a little gooey, I suggest 20 minutes in the oven though. Crunchy on top and gooey chocolate in the center…could there be anything tastier?! Serve these puppies warm with ice cream and no one will stop at one.
Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Blondies Recipe
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
12 tablespoons salted butter, browned and cooled
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a 9×13 baking dish with parchment paper, all the way up the sides.
- Place butter in a saucepan and melt until golden brown over medium heat, about 10 minutes. Be careful not to burn the butter. Then let it cool to room temperature.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt together.
- In a large bowl combine the melted butter and brown sugar. Then add the eggs and vanilla. Gently fold in the flour mixture, then fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spread batter into the lined baking dish and smooth the top, it will be thick. Bake for about 25 minutes or until golden brown, rotating pan halfway through baking. Remove from oven and let cool completely before serving.
These must be served warm with vanilla ice cream! Just kidding haha they are just as delicious on their own the next day, but eating them fresh out of the oven with ice cream is kind of life-changing. I hope you guys enjoy! If you like these you might also like my m&m blondies!
I fear I’d eat the whole thing if I made this!