This is the most delicious baked oatmeal that’s actually not too bad for you! Filled with yummy ingredients like oats, coconut oil, and maple syrup, this baked oatmeal is my go-to breakfast! A couple of eggs bind it all together, and a light drizzle of butter and maple syrup on top makes it taste like a treat. Also pairs perfectly with a hot cup of coffee and a mug from the donut shop!
I’m not a huge oatmeal fan, I really only eat it because it’s good for me but I loveee any kind of oatmeal in sweets form. I have had breakfast baked oatmeal before but it was a bit sweeter and more unhealthy than this! I’m forever changed after having breakfast baked oatmeal and now I want it all the time! This baked oatmeal keeps me full all morning, and I think it’s best served with blueberries and a big dollop of yogurt.
Baked oatmeal is super simple so it makes you want to make it over and over again! The recipe is also adaptable. You can top with any fruit you’d like. You could also change it up with nuts and spices. I think a pecan flavor would be great in the fall! It’s pretty hard to mess up so whatever you try will probably work perfectly and taste just as delicious!!
BAKED OATMEAL RECIPE
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted before measured
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk (I used oat milk)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- For serving: maple syrup, brown sugar, fresh fruit
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F and line an 8×8 or 9×13 (depending on how thick you want it) baking dish with parchment paper on the bottom and up the sides.
- 2. In a medium sized bowl, whisk all the wet ingredients together. Add the oats, baking powder, salt and cinnamon and stir until combined. Let this mixture sit for 15 minutes so the oats can absorb some of the liquid.
- 3. Pour into lined pan and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown on top and set.
- 4. Serve warm with honey and fresh fruit. Store covered in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
I hope you guys enjoy this baked oatmeal as much as we do in our house! If you’re looking for other oatmeal recipes try this yummy fall treat!