Third Trimester Bumpdate
How Far Along?
– 38 weeks! These photos were from 31 weeks though 🙂 I’m a bit bigger now…
– I have gained 40 pounds so far. I was concerned about going over the 35 my doctor told me to gain but as long as I’m healthy, the baby is healthy, and my doctor is not telling me otherwise I got on board with the extra weight. Some days my pregnant body doesn’t feel like I own it anymore but I still love it. The extra curves, stretch marks and veins all made making baby boy possible. And while I’ll get my body back over time I am proud of this body of mine and all the changes that came with it.
– I cannot wear anything super tight around my belly, whether it’s yoga pants, jeans or even elastic sweatpants. Everything has to be super stretchy or lose. My favorite things to wear still are t-shirt dresses or zelle’s ultrasoft leggings! Splendid makes awesome maternity v-necks that are cute but also feel amazing. You can read more about what I’ve been living in here.
– Sleep, ah a thing of the past. I can’t remember the last time I got a good night sleep. Everyone says it’s your body preparing you for sleepless nights with baby. Whatever the reason, it’s been frustrating. I am learning to live with insomnia though instead of letting it get to me. I’ve been getting up to read or watch videos on nights that I lay restless. It’s just hard for me to even lay in bed awake because every position is uncomfortable these days.
Best Moment This Week?
– I was taking a nap on the couch with Saint’s head on my belly and woke up to baby boy kicking Saint super hard. Saint looked at my belly and looked at me like what the heck! I don’t know if Saint knows what’s coming but it was fun to see them interact before he has even been born!
– He moves and kicks all the time still. There is definitely less space for him to move so the movements are different these days but he still works his way up to try and break my ribs. He’s also been doing this fun thing where he punches my cervix and I get an intense sharp pain. Still trying to soak in every last punch and kick because I know I’ll miss even the ones that hurt!
– I crave cereal all the time and have it pretty much every day. There was also a month or so where I wanted Pho every other night! Besides those two I haven’t had the type of craving where Brock needs to run out at 2 am or I’ll go crazy if I don’t have something.
Something You’re Looking Forward To?
– Holding him! I just can’t wait to snuggle him and see his little face! It feels like I’ve been pregnant forever. I am just so ready to meet the little man and be his momma!
I hope you guys enjoyed my Third Trimester Bumpdate. Hopefully, next time you hear from me you’ll be meeting baby boy!!