It’s starting to get chillier this fall season and what better way to warm yourself up than sipping on a little bourbon. I normally just drink my bourbon on the rocks but there is something about fall that makes me want to whip up some festive cocktails and sip them by the fire! This Fall Spiced Bourbon and Pear Cocktail is unlike any other. It’s the perfect Fall or Thanksgiving cocktail that any bourbon and non-bourbon drinker is sure to love. Try the recipe below and let me know what you think. You can also never go wrong with a classic maple bourbon apple cider, which is one of my favorites this season too!
Fall Spiced Bourbon and Pear Cocktail Recipe
- 4 oz William Wolf Pecan Bourbon
- 4 oz Spiced Pear Syrup (if you like your cocktails less sweet, reduce to 2 oz)
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 Bosc pear, washed and chopped
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- In a small saucepan combine chopped pear, water, sugar and cinnamon stick. Bring to a boil over medium heat then reduce to a simmer and cook for 30 minutes. Break down the pear with the back of a wooden spoon.
- Remove from heat and strain through a fine-mesh sieve reserving the syrup. Discard the solids and put the syrup in the fridge until you’re ready to use.
- In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, combine bourbon, lemon juice, spiced pear syrup and pumpkin pie spice. Shake very well to allow ice to slightly melt into the drink.
- Strain into cocktail glasses rimmed with sugar if desired. Garnish with a cinnamon stick and enjoy!
What’s your favorite fall drink?! I’d love to hear!