Looking for a fresh and easy dinnertime recipe this summer? This simple caprese pasta recipe is just what you need! Italian food is my absolute favorite but can sometimes be a little heavy. This recipe is my favorite for when you’re craving Italian but something on the lighter side. It’s made simply with spaghetti pasta, lots of cherry tomatoes, mozzarella pearls, fresh basil and olive oil. Check out the recipe below.
Simple Caprese Pasta Recipe
- 6 ounces spaghetti pasta
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 8 ounces mozzarella pearls
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons white balsamic vinegar or regular balsamic vinegar
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil and cook the pasta until al dente. Drain the pasta and set it aside.
- While the pasta is cooking, combine the olive oil, tomatoes, and salt in a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Cover the pot. Cook, stirring occasionally until most of the tomatoes have started to burst out of their skins and the olive oil has a light red hue about 8 to 12 minutes.
- Remove the dutch oven from the heat and stir in the cooked pasta. Let the mixture cool for a few minutes while you chop the basil.
- Stir the mozzarella balls and basil into the pasta. Let the dish rest for about 20 minutes before serving.
- Leftovers are great chilled or at room temperature, if you choose to reheat be aware the mozzarella will melt!
Enjoy 🙂 Let me know what types of recipes you want next!
SHOP THIS POST: