donut shop

Let's connect!

Contact

Daisies

favorites

Gimme Some Sugar {Cookies}

Feb 14, 2017

When it comes to Valentine’s Day and gifts I’m a big fan of keeping things simple. While it’s nice to do extravagant things for your loved ones every now and then, there is something to be said for a small box of chocolates. Or better yet gimme some sugar cookies.

These heart shaped sugar cookies are a small gesture to show someone just how much you care. Not to mention they are super soft and delicious. I could’ve had about ten of these if I didn’t stop myself.

heartshapedcookies1heartshapedsugarcookies1

Valentine Heart Cookie Recipe:

• 1 cup butter, room temp.
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon water
  • 3 cups flour
  • 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt

-Cream sugar, butter, and vanilla.

-Add egg and water. Beat until fluffy.

-Combine baking powder, salt, and flour separately. Then slowly combine to wet mixture.

-Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for an hour. Then roll out with flour and use cookie cutter to cut into hearts.

-Bake at 375 degrees for 5-7 minutes. Do not let the edges turn brown πŸ™‚

Icing:

Mix 2 cups of powdered sugar with 1 teaspoon vanilla and 1 tablespoon melted butter. Then stir in 1 teaspoon of milk at a time to reach your desired consistency. Also, add a drop or two of pink food coloring to the icing and spread on cookies!

heartshapedcookies3heartshapedsugarcookies

These cookies didn’t even last one day in my house, but if by some chance they do last, they’ll also go great with coffee the next morning! Sending everyone lots of love this Valentine’s Day! I hope your day has been filled with flowers, chocolates and now lots of sugar cookies… enjoy πŸ™‚

SHOP THE POST:

comments +

1. I need to try out this recipe! It looks so delicious!
    xo Debbie | http://www.tothineownstylebetrue.com

2. Gary says:

Those cookies were sooooo good!

3. These look soooo yummy! Plus your apron is adorbs πŸ’•

xoxo,

Lou <3

fashionablylou.com

4. I love a good sweet treat! these sugar cookies look delicious.

5. i about died with this title…as I’m singing the song while reading through your post! such a great treat! hope you had a great valentines day! xo

6. cheersjenna says:

These cookies are darling and I love your apron. I will have to give them a try!

Cheers, J

7. tkmom18 says:

I love your apron! These cookies look so sweet!

8. Angela says:

These look delish and your apron is too cute! Thanks for sharing your recipe!

9. this is too cute keke! The cookies look perfect and they were! πŸ™‚

10. Krysten says:

I love the color pink that you use as icing, it’s so delicate! I love sugar cookies so much and I agree with keeping Valentine’s Day simple with simple items like this!

11. These are cute! I need to try them!

12. Cameron says:

I’ve been looking for a good sugar cookie recipe, so I’ll have to give this one a try!

| diaryofasouthernmillennial.com

13. Delayna says:

these look amazing!! I can’t wait to try them!!

Delayna Denayè
    Fashion & lifestyle Blogger
    Writer of delaynadenaye.com

14. These look delish! I love sugar cookies!

15. adriana says:

These are too pretty to eat haha! They look amazing, and I love your apron!

16. Awesome post! I love keeping the “thought counts” on. ✌️
    Love 😍 the recipe and those cookies looked yummy! πŸͺ
    thanks for sharing! (βœΏβ— β€Ώβ— )

xx,
    Courtney Bentley || http://www.courtneyvioletbentley.com

17. Tessa says:

This recipe sounds so good!!! I will definitely try this recipe!!! I am a baker and I make sugar cookies all the time!!!

18. These look awesome! I will have to try making these with my daughter!

19. Omg! Those sugar cookies look SO yummy..,wish I had them right now! This recipe looks doable, plan to make them. Thanks for sharing!

20. Kimberly @ Berly's Kitchen says:

These cookies are adorable! My sugar cookies never come out looking this good. I need to give your recipe a try.

21. I absolutely love a good sugar cookie, and this looks like a great recipe!

22. Kristie says: