donut shop

Let's connect!

Contact

Daisies

favorites

No Turning Back

Feb 8, 2017

2017 has already been a huge year for me. Even though I was only in LA for less than a year, this past weekend, I packed up my apartment in Santa Monica and drove the U-haul back to the Bay Area. Sadly yes, that means no more Alfred coffee or tea… πŸ™

When I first moved to LA and people would ask me why, I would say I needed a change. But after living there for a few months I realized it wasn’t the place that needed to change, it was me. Ya see, I have learned that I have a tendency to self sabotage. Whether it was when I was in school or recently with my career. Heck I even do it with some of my relationships.

For those of you that are unfamiliar with what it means to self sabotage. I’ll give you the simplest explanation. I am constantly getting in the way of my own success. And as much as I hate to admit it, this most likely stems from fear. Fear of failing. Fear of being unhappy. Fear of disappointing the people I love. Whatever the reason, I’m sick of living in thisΒ la la land and I’m finally going to do something about it. I refuse to let fear control my life.

I may be moving back home but I couldn’t be happier. A place can’t determine my happiness and success, only I can. And in 2017, I’m going all in. In all aspects of my life, whether it’s with my career or falling in love, I am choosing to succeed. I am choosing to be happy.

backtothebay

What are you guys doing to better yourselves this year? I’d love to hear!

Like my outfit? Find it here:

Fringe Sweater

J. Brand Jeans

Steve Madden Booties

Kate Spade Purse

comments +

1. Taylor Aube says:

This outfit is so cute! You look so adorable babe πŸ™‚ I love this pink color on you!

2. This is such a chic look! I love this color on you. Have a great rest of the week babe πŸ™‚

3. Love your raw honesty, girl! Sending you lots of love & positive vibes on this move back home. Fear is nothing if we don’t give into it! And you look SUPER cute!

xox,
    Kristin

4. nychifashion says:

That’s awesome! I’m definitely working on becoming healthier and not letting fear stop me by living my dreams!

5. Jana says:

I love that wrap you are wearing so cute! Good luck with your move, everything happens for a reason and it sounds like you have learned a lot while living in LA! I love your positive attitude! xo | http://www.janastyleblog.com

6. Emily says:

Such a great, honest post! You look lovely and I wish you all the best!

Emily
    withstyleandgrace.net

7. Lindsey says:

You are SO Gorg! I have a serious obsession with fringe!

XOXO

8. cutebrandik says:

Gorgeous pink fringe sweater! I gotta get one. Good luck with your move πŸ™‚

9. You are so amazing! I am so proud of you! You are only stronger, wiser, compassionate, and self aware for going through this –> realizing that home is exactly where you need to be. I believe in you and so glad we are friends! I am excited to follow you on your journey! God bless!
    xo Debbie | http://www.tothineownstylebetrue.com

10. You may think you hurt yourself with your short move, but I am sure you learned a lot about yourself and what you want.. everything happens for a reason πŸ™‚

11. i’ve been wanting to try alfred tea for a while now, it looks so cute! good luck in the bay area πŸ™‚

12. Ashley says:

What a cute outfit! Loving that fringe!! Gorgeous girl!

13. Poonam says:

Love that fringe top! Hope you have the best year yet. Sometimes you just need to go home <3.

14. It is really wise of you to be able to know what wasn’t right for you. It can be hard to do that.

15. Oh I am loving that top its so cute and chic.

16. Hannah P. says:

You will rock anything you do no matter where you are! You’ve got this. <3

17. jennifer sattler says:

Love the pink fringe sweater! Perfect for LA weather!
    xo
    jen
    efforltesseverydaystyle.com

18. Great post! I’m with you…no place or person can make you happy. Only you can chose to be happy. Hope things go well with your move and getting settled! Oh, love that tea too!!

19. simplyjsb says:

Very inspirational post! I can definitely relate