I know that people love the Superbowl for the game and the commercials but I love it for the snacks. And since the Raiders didn’t make this year I’ll definitely be sitting at the food table all Sunday long. If you’re anything like me and live for the snacks or you just need something to bring to the party, you’re going to love these chocolate football cookies!
These chocolate cookies are not only super cute and perfect for the super bowl but they are also chewy and delicious! You might want to double the batch because they’ll be gone before the halftime show. Here’s the recipe:
Chocolate Football Cookies:
- 2 sticks (1 cup) butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Mix together butter, cocoa, sugar, vanilla, and eggs in a large mixing bowl.
- Blend on medium speed until smooth.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Form a ball with the cookie dough and roll it out.
- Cut into football shapes using a Football Cookie Cutter and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 14 minutes until the edges are firm.
- Cool the cookies before moving or icing.
- I used melted white chocolate to frost but you can use regular icing as well.
I hope everyone has a blast this Superbowl Sunday and be sure to share this delicious recipe with your friends!
What are some of your favorite Superbowl recipes?!